Sermons and Thoughts of Jim Roberts

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Devastation, It's Horrible Katie!

I woke up this morning feeling pretty good. It's one of those beautiful South Carolina days; Sunshine , blue skies, green trees, balmy winds....Then I turned on the TV. First there were no hurricanes, but there were three ads (not current stuff) showing footage from previous storms. TV Live 5 News was showing me how they would be be there for me in the middle of the storm. Don't get me wrong, I know the hurricanes were bad, and it will take a lot of work and time to recover, but I began to reflect on SC this season. Charleston has had one storm that gave us 40 knot winds (or maybe that wasn't a storm, just a windy day, I can't remember). The weather guy is on right now telling me there isn't anything in the 300 mile radar, but we need to keep our eye on an area in Southern Georgia because it has the potential to grow later this afternoon, and of course we all know that if a Thunderstorm develops, and if you are within a few miles of it, there is the potential for heavy winds and rain and hail and lightning, and injury and possibly, even death. There was a person who died last week in a storm somewhere in one of the Western states when his truck drove itself into a tree while he was filming a tornado. I felt like going back to my room, getting in bed, and pulling the covers up over me until this potential storm in another state blows over later this afternoon. Or maybe, if I don't have enough troubles, I could get in my car and drive to Georgia and see if I could find some trouble. Now I'm watching Katie and Matt and Al trying to tell me how everyone is panicked over the financial markets. They are outside the studios, so they are reading off papers in their hands (Scripts), and I am just not sold on how upset I should be, cuz' they are all laughing and joking, and finally Katie bursts out between giggles "Is anyone listening to me?" Al and Matt are clearly not, so the show gets off the devastating news and quickly switches to Al who sends me back to Josh Marthers (local Live 5 Weather), who immediately tells me our best chance for thunderstorms is later this afternoon, but the radar and forecast shows clear for the next two days. I'm confused, but I know it's a horrible day, I mean Katie said so.

3 comments:

Amy Grace said...

I hear you.... I think this cold front we are having could lead to early snow storms in South Carolina. It is probably a good time to buy snow tires and ice picks. The pretty 75* weather may only last a little while and we want to be prepared when this may turn in to something else.

Kelly Reser said...

ok I know I commented on this post...where is my comment? Also I love the music!!!

Kelly Reser said...

OK where is the next blog??? I'm checking and checking and I got nuthin!!