Sermons and Thoughts of Jim Roberts

Friday, May 23, 2008

Why the Blog?

So many thoughts, so little time. I really need to get all these things sorted out. I have had a major problem in life that I think I have an answer for everything. Actually when my kids were small (3-8 yrs), the oldest began coaching the others about how to get out of a long teaching. She would tell them the answer to any question was "Jesus...Simply...Jesus. It's where he will end up and you can cut him off early by getting there first." Well it was a good strategy, but they failed to realize that while mostly correct, I need for people to understand why it is correct. This can lead to long disertations on why Bernoulli's Principle keeps an aircraft in the air, how a battery charger works, why I was three minutes early/late for something. To my amazement, not everyone cares about the fundamental building blocks that lie behind these questions of the ages. So while questions of Sin, Anger, Ego, Fear.....Grace, Mercy, and Law...... Forgiveness and Love will ultimately come down to a God who loved us so much, He gave his only son to pay the price for all our disobedience, there is a time for every sermon and a time for every purpose under heaven. I will use some blog time to write down stray thoughts and try to spend more time with others listening and building relationships. Speaking of which, the grandkids just came in the door and I know they are ready to explode with anticipation about what great teaching I might have about the anthill in the backyard. Wait a minute, I'll let you know about the anthill in a later blog, right now I have to I listen to what they think about it. Gotta go.

3 comments:

Kelly Reser said...

I can't wait to hear about the anthill....love you Dad

Amy Grace said...

DAD.... This is so exciting... I can't wait to read the next one!
I Love you too!
Amy

Kelly Reser said...

come on with the blogs man! You have to update more often thatn this!! You have probably forgotten how to log into your blog right??...okay get writing!!